B. Arch (Bachelor of Architecture) - 5 Years Full Time Under Graduate Degree Programme
"True Education is converned not only with practical goals but also with values. Our aims assure of us of our materia life. Our values make possible our spiritual life."Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Architecture is a demanding profession, but it can also be a very interesting, creative one. Architecture is a great field of study for those who are artistically talented and interested in creative design and the built environment. Hence, it is very important that where you choose to study. RAC created a beautiful environment to study in Coimbatore, as the main objective taken as to stimulate the young minds joins here. Apart from that beautiful inspiring setting the young minds are nurtured periodically through a range of studios, lectures, workshops and seminars, in which individual creativity can be criticality nurtured.
This program is Approved by Council of Architecture (COA), New Delhi and Affiliated to Anna University (AU), Chennai with an intake of 80 Seats. The program emphasizes the interconnected relationship between architectural design, building technology, computation, history, theory and criticism of architecture and art. The program reflects the commitment to the cultural, social, political, technological and ecological issues of the built environment. The students here are trained to be creative, innovative, and responsible leaders in the field. The study of architecture in RAC extends from studios into the classroom and the library; they embrace the humanities and sciences, tradition and innovative effort.
The setup of the college enhances the students to bring eccentric designs through inspiring from nature. As all are having only one invisible architect, who designed nature. The Graduate Program in the School is designed for imparting a sound practical training and advance teaching in Historic Preservation, Community Design and Visualization with the help of excellent computational, library and workshop facilities.
THE ACADEMIC PROGRAM
The Academic program is of five years divided into ten Semesters of about 90 working days each. The Program is designed comprehensively with clear links across the simultaneous subjects as well as progressively across the years. Instruction are given both in class room as well as workshop/outdoor – based as per the subject area. Related study programs such as field trips, practical experience, choice of elective subjects also form an essential part of the course.
The curriculum is designed to facilitate comprehensive learning in five major areas.
- Critical Thinking: Research and Analysis in Architecture through understanding the socio–cultural context and the study of history and theory for the creation of built environment.
- Design: The core capability to actually produce Architecture thought reflection and invention achieved through putting together various kit-of-parts with their parameters in coherent and harmonious relationships.
- Building: The physical and technical aspects through a thorough understanding of the materials, their behavior and their adaptability to various purposes, towards conception, development and implementation in design.
- Representation: The communication to choose the correct means, to develop a requisite skills across a wide range of media (drawing ,writing and model making) and tools (hand skill, computers and various materials).
- Social Engagement: The ability to manage a profession to be responsible and efficient and so act not only legally and ethically but also critically and affirmatively in society.
Admission to First Year 5-year B.Arch(Bachelor of Architecture) Degree Course for the Academic Session 2021-2022 is as per the norms of Council Of Architecture(COA), New Delhi and Anna University(AU), Chennai.
- Qualified a recognized aptitude test in Architecture (NATA or JEE Paper II) in 2021; AND
- Passed 10+2 scheme of examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects; Or
- Passed 10+3 diploma examination with Mathematics as compulsory subject.